Oscars 2013: Hollywood Boulevard Geared up for the 85th Academy Awards as Preparations Begin [PHOTOS]
With barely five days left before Hollywood's biggest event of the year, the 85th Academy Awards the preparations have already been undertaken to ensure success of the annual grandeur celebration attended by the world's most beautiful and talented artists in the entertainment industry.
The ABC network is reporting that the Hollywood Boulevard is already being dressed for the occasion. Heavy liftings greet the mornings less than six days before the much-anticipated event. The Hollywood Boulevard has already been blocked off and the Los Angeles police are keeping a tight watch in the area to avoid any untoward incident before the coveted Oscars 2013.
"It looks like the rain is going to come in overnight and hopefully clear out by tomorrow," ABC quoted Academy COO Ric Robertson as saying.
The expected rain has prompted officials from bringing in more members of the crews to make the necessary set up on the red carpet. Additional rain protections have also been put on stand by should the need comes up.
"We were ahead of schedule anyway," Robertson noted, adding, "We can weather it tonight without trouble. The carpet's not down yet."
Big stars nominated for the great film production in 2012 are expected to grace the Oscars 2013. Hosted for the first time by comedian and actor, Seth Macfarlane, the Oscars 2013 will be aired Live on ABC, between 5:30 PST and 7:00 p.m. EST.
The buzz for the 85th Academy Awards began as early as November 2013 when the official screen credits forms were released, followed by the initial voting for the nominations on December 17.
Below is the complete list of the schedule prepared by the organizers of the 85th Academy Awards:
• November 30, 2012: Official Screen Credits forms due
• December 17, 2012: Nominations voting begins
• January 04, 2013: Nominations polls close at 5:00 p.m. PST (01:00, January 5 UTC) (8:00 p.m. EST)
• January 10, 2013: Nominations announced at 5:30 a.m. PST (13:30 UTC) (8:30 a.m. EST) at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater
• February 4, 2013: Nominees Luncheon
• February 8, 2013: Final voting begins
• February 9, 2013: Scientific and Technical Achievement Awards presentation
• February 19, 2013: Final polls close at 5:00 p.m. PST (01:00, February 20 UTC) (8:00 p.m. EST)
• February 24, 2013: 85th Annual Academy Awards presentation
The following is the lineup for Oscars Sunday, according to ABC:
2:00 p.m.: On The Red Carpet at The Oscars
4:00 p.m.: The Oscars Red Carpet Live
3:30 p.m.: The Oscars
8:30 p.m.: On The Red Carpet at The Oscars