TV Artists Who Turned to Bollywood Actors: Shahrukh Khan, Vidya Balan, Ram Kapoor, Sushant Singh Rajput Among the List [Photos]
Bollywood is a dream for many who aspire for a career in the entertainment industry. While few succeed in making their dreams come true others fail to make a mark.
Debunking the common belief that aspiring stars find it difficult to make it to the silver screen, a new trend is seen over the years wherein actors with successful television ventures had higher chances of surviving in the cut-throat industry.
Surprisingly, a number of Bollywood actors who rule the industry were once a part of the small screen.
Here is a look at some of the television actors who carved a niche in Hindi Cinema. [CLICK HERE]
1) Sushant Singh Rajput who is popular as Manav for his role in TV soap opera "Pavitra Rishta" is another actor who made it to Bollywood after a stint in the small screen. Rajput was recently seen playing a crucial role in Abhishek Kapoor's "Kai Po Che" along with Rajkumar Yadav and Amit Sadh who are also TV actors
2) Ram Kapoor is a much acclaimed TV actor who forayed into Bollywood after establishing himself in television. The actor was seen in "Student of the Year," "Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu," "Karthik Calling Karthik," and "Udaan." He will soon be seen in the upcoming movie "Mere Dad ki Maruti."
3) Yami Gautam: "Vicky Donor" fame Yami Gautam was a part of the small screen before entering into Bollywood. She acted in a few soap operas including "Chand Ke Paar Chalo" and "Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam". She was also seen in many commercials.
4) Prachi Desai: She was a part of TV serial "Kasam Se" before making a Bollywood debut opposite Farhan Aktar in 2008 film "Rock On!!" She was recentl seen in "I,Me aur Main" opposite John Abraham.
5) Ayushmann Khurrana who ventured into TV anchoring after winning the "MTV Roadies Season 2" in 2004 debuted in Bollywood with Shoojit Sircar's "Vicky Donor" in 2012. He not only acted in the movie but also sang the song "Pani Da Rang" which he and Rochak Kohli composed. His next venture is Rohan Sippy's "Nautanki Saala" which is set to release on April 12, 2013.
6) Ronit Roy who had made his Bollywood debut long back received critical acclaim for his role in "Udaan." Roy currently plays the role of KD Pathak in TV serial "Adaalat." He was also seen in Anurag Kashyap's "That Girl in Yellow Boots," Karan Johar's "Student of the Year," and Deepa Mehta's "Midnight's Children." He will soon be seen in Sanjay Gupta's "Shootout at Wadala" and Anurag Kashyap's "Ugly."
7) Rajiv Khandelwal who was popular for his role as Sujal in television drama "Kahiin Toh Hoga" made his Bollywood debut though 2008 release "Aamir." Though the movie bombed at the box office Rajiv's role in the film was widely appreciated. He also played key roles in "Shaitaan" and "Table No.21".
8) Shahrukh Khan, the Superstar of Bollywood, was once a part of TV shows like "Fauji," "Circus" and "Dil Dariya." He made his made entry in films through "Deewana" in 1992.
9) Before making her debut opposite Saif Ali Khan in 2005 release, "Parineeta" star Vidya Balan played the role of a deaf sister in the comedy series "Hum Paanch."
10) Even before the release of his movies Barun Sobti who was seen in TV serials like "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon" and "Baat Hamari Pakki Hai" has hit he media reports for his upcoming movies "22 Yards" and "Main Aur Mr. Right" which are expected to hit the screens in 2013.